New Nerinx Additions

August 31, 2015

Each new faculty member described their first impression of Nerinx in one word.
New Nerinx community members described their first impression of Nerinx in one word.

Ms. Monica Sullivan

Director of Admissions

Ms. Sullivan loves working in mission driven, faith based environments, and has a passion for helping students and families find the perfect educational setting. Orchestrating admissions at Nerinx, her alma mater (class of ‘98), allows Ms. Sullivan to do all this and more. She has previous marketing and admissions experience in both colleges and high schools, and she most recently worked as the Public Relations Consultant at SSM Health and Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital. When not at Nerinx, Ms. Sullivan can be found cheering on her boys, Grant age 8 and Carter age 6, at the hockey rink.   

Ms. Ari Alvarez

Loretto Volunteer

Given a choice between service sites in Washington D.C., New York City, and St. Louis, Ms. Alvarez chose St. Louis, more specifically, the Nerinx Community. Why? She felt drawn to the female centered environment and knew her position at Nerinx would challenge her personal growth. Ms. Alvarez hopes this year will provide her with opportunities to learn more about herself, grow in her spirituality, serve others, and learn. Ms. Alvarez recently graduated from St. Mary’s College in California, her home state, where she studied sociology and women and gender studies. While in college, she was very involved in social justice. She worked at a daycare for single mothers and survivors of domestic abuse, taught English in Cambodia, interned at a variety of nonprofits, and unionized campus workers. When not at work, Ms. Alvarez loves spending time with family and friends and attending concerts. If you see her in the hall, feel free to stop and chat about her social justice passions, give her a restaurant recommendation, or discuss her unique obsession with Kanye West.

Ms. Cece Campbell

Theology Teacher and Campus Ministry

Ms. Campbell is excited to return to her alma mater (class of ’08). She was first inspired to pursue teaching while she was a student at Nerinx. Now, after achieving this dream, she hopes to help students learn more about themselves, grow closer to God, and get to know  one another better. Ms. Campbell graduated from Fontbonne University in 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts in religious studies and from St. Louis University in 2014 with a Master of Arts in theological studies with a specialization in Christian ethics and an emphasis in religious education. Outside of school, Ms. Campbell loves spending time with friends, helping with youth group, enjoying art, and journaling.

Ms. Emma Grosch

Counseling Intern

As a counselor, Ms. Grosch hopes to help motivate students and assist them in working through some of the same difficulties she experienced in high school. She attended Cor Jesu and graduated from St. Louis University. She is currently in the process of getting a master’s degree from UMSL. When she is not at work or school, Ms. Grosch loves spending time with her family, listening to music, making crafts, and watching an incessant amount of Friends.  Ms. Grosch is also excited to be marrying her fiance David this coming April 30th.

Mr. Keith Henderson

Senior Physics Teacher

Mr. Henderson hails from a family of teachers. He grew up in Ithaca, New York, where both of his parents were math professors at Cornell University. After graduating Ithaca High School, Mr. Henderson took a gap year to pursue singing, theater, and radio news. He then attended Swarthmore College where he he was a liberal arts engineering major. After graduating from Swarthmore, Mr. Henderson moved to St. Louis to teach math, chemistry, and physics at Thomas Jefferson School, where he worked for 18 years. Following his time at Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Henderson  taught math, physics, engineering, and wood and metal shop in the Parkway and Rockwood School Districts. When he is not teaching, Mr. Henderson loves working with lights and sound for theater, biking, sailing, canoeing, reading and singing. However, he devotes most of his energy to being a parent. He has raised two daughters, age 23 and 25, and is currently a homemaker for his wife and two foster boys, age 13 and 17.

Ms. Kathy Deposki

Math Teacher

While Ms. Deposki is a new face for most students, she is not new to the Nerinx Faculty. She has taught at Nerinx in the past and is excited to be returning to the Nerinx Math Department. Ms. Deposki was first inspired to become a teacher when she fell in love with math while attending high school at St. Joseph’s Academy. She wanted to help other students understand and enjoy math. When she isn’t at Nerinx, Ms. Deposki enjoys making crafts and spending time with her family and pets.

Mr. Ron Zager

Math Teacher

Mr. Zager is filling in for Mrs. Roukaerts while she is on maternity leave. After attending high school in Skokie, Illinois, Mr. Zager received his bachelor’s degree in physics from Knox College and went on to get a Master of Arts in Teaching in mathematics from Webster University. He  previously taught at St. Dominic High School and Affton High School. When he isn’t teaching, Mr. Zager loves spending time with his wife, reading, swimming, and competing in sprint triathlons.

Ms. Hali Beebe

Theology Teacher

Ms. Beebe has moved around a lot in her life. As a child, she moved because she was a Navy “brat.” After graduating from high school in Florida, she moved to Tallahassee to attend Florida State University. Upon graduating from Florida State, where she studied religion and international affairs with a concentration in economics and a minor in Russian, she moved to Indiana. There she received a master’s in theological studies with a concentration in biblical studies from the University of Notre Dame. Ms. Beebe graduated from Notre Dame in May of 2015 and relocated to St. Louis to teach, a profession she was drawn to after being inspired by the teachers she had in high school and college. When Ms. Beebe isn’t teaching, she can be found trying new restaurants, seeing live music, hiking, cooking, and making wreaths.

Ms. Berardi

Afternoon Receptionist

Ms. Berardi has grown up in the Nerinx community. She started attending Nerinx events when she was 8 years old when  her mother, retired Nerinx math teacher Mrs. Winnie Docter, began taking her to basketball games and musicals. It was no surprise when she chose to attend Nerinx after graduating Mary Queen of Peace grade school. After completing Nerinx in 1994, she enrolled in Fontbonne University where she received a Bachelor in Fine Arts degree in 1998. Ms. Berardi has been married for 11 years and has a 6-year-old daughter named Bella. When her time isn’t consumed with Bella or her German Shepherd Gitta, Ms. Berardi loves drawing. Ms. Berardi always tries to stay positive, following her personal motto, “I don’t have time to be in a bad mood”. So if you need someone to help brighten your day, feel free to stop and chat with her at the front reception desk between 12:30 and 6pm.

Mr. Tim Good

Personal Finance and Accounting Teacher

Mr. Good spent 5 years working as a full-time accountant and part-time adjunct professor at St. Louis Community College before realizing teaching was his passion. He decided to pursue his dreams of becoming a full-time teacher and is excited to be joining the Nerinx Faculty next semester. Mr. Good graduated from DeSmet Jesuit High School in 2004 and received a master’s in accounting from UMSL. When not at work, Mr. Good loves playing recreational sports, coaching soccer, and attending to his family. He and his wife Emily have a 5 month old daughter named Madeline, a Great Dane named Leo, and a Chihuahua named Rosie.  

Nerinx Hallways • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in